PRIVATE MOTORBIKE FOOD TOUR BY NIGHT IN HO CHI MINH CITY
- Experience the night life of Ho Chi Minh City from the back of a motorbike
- Enjoy a huge variety of food with 9 different dishes and unlimited drinks at famous food stalls
- Discover hidden alleys of street food and immerse yourself in the local life
- Hear more about Vietnamese food culture and the interesting stories behind each dish
- Learn how to prepare Vietnamese rice pancakes, coconut ice cream and grilled banana cakes from the local chefs
What to expect:
Experience Ho Chi Minh City at night and taste the best street food. Meet your local guides in the evening and join thousands of other motorbikes as you ride through the colorful city streets. Explore notable neighborhoods, including district 3 where the locals live and learn all about Ho Chi Minh City.
Stop to enjoy some "banh xeo" and "banh khot" (South and Central rice pancakes), and learn how they are made from a chef with over 20 years experience. Climb up to the top of old buildings and see the contrasting architecture between the modern and the traditional. You can even visit a local pagoda which was built inside an old apartment by a female monk.
Visit the biggest night flower market and soak up the wonderful bouquets. Take a short walk around the area, and get a special gift from your guide. Go deep into a true maze of local market to taste an authentic food which is banana girdle cake, "banh trang nuong" Saigon pizza or grilled beef lemongrass skewers.
Next, drive to District 5 and pass a street famous for its oil paintings. Stop at a local restaurant to savor some bún chả (grilled pork with noodles, Hanoi style), known as “Obama Noodles” after President Obama and Anthony Bourdain tried them in 2016!.
Venture into district 10, where the city’s street food scene really thrives. Reward your taste buds with a heavenly dish of coconut ice cream at a shop established in 1975. Watch as the owner prepares some coconut ice cream right before your eyes. Take a spin around the city for enticing views of the night life, and experience the hustle and bustle of fashion street. Squeeze through narrow alleyways that cars can’t access, and journey along the banks of the Saigon River with a welcoming breeze.
End your motorbike street food tour in district 4, where you will enjoy a seafood meal of 3 different dishes and an authentic food challenge (if you are allergic to seafood, it will be replaced by BBQ meat). Try some balut (boiled, fertilized egg) if you dare, and tuck into a nice dessert of flan cake with caramel, coffee and coconut milk. Wash it all down with local beer or soft drinks, mineral water and homemade Vietnamese rice wine, which is distilled in Street Food Man Vinny’s village.
- Private tour
- Complimentary pick-up and drop off either at your accommodation in districts 1, 3, 4, 5 and 10 or at the Opera House
- All food and drinks during the tour
- Transportation by motorbikes, including fuel and a high-quality, open-face helmet
- English-speaking drivers
- Pictures from your tour
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Accident insurance
- Hand sanitizer
- Items of a personal nature
Know Before You Go:
What should not bring:
- It is recommended that you leave your handbags, passports and jewelry at your hotel for safe keeping
What should bring:
- A camera is always encouraged. Please take extra care of your camera to avoid theft.
- We recommend that you should wear something comfortable and cool. Shorts, t-shirts and light pants are also suitable.
Note: Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have.
Press: *Street Food Man is featured on Metro newspaper, the 2nd biggest daily newspaper in the UK and Ahlanlive newspaper located in Dubai, U.A.E and also recommended on Lonely Planet, Tripadvisor, Getyourguide, Viator, Inspitrip, Trustpilot...
*Best-seller of Private Scooter Food Tour by Night on Airbnb.
***The Award 2018 and 2019: Private Motorbike Food Tour By Night in Ho Chi Minh City won the "Winner Award In Asia" from Getyourguide for Incredible Culinary Experiences.
***The Award 2019: Street Food Man is proud to receive "Certificate Of Excellence 2019" issued by Tripadvisor.
*Tony who is a food blogger and also a chef reviewed about Street Food Man and local guides in his blog