PRIVATE STREET FOOD MOTORBIKE TOUR IN HO CHI MINH CITY
- Experience the night life of Ho Chi Minh City from the back of a motorbike
- Enjoy a huge variety of food with 9 different dishes and unlimited drinks at famous food stalls
- Discover hidden alleys of street food and immerse yourself in the local life
- Hear more about Vietnamese food culture and the interesting stories behind each dish
- Learn how to prepare Vietnamese rice pancakes, coconut ice cream and grilled banana cakes from the local chefs
What to expect:
Experience Ho Chi Minh City at night and taste the best street food. Meet your local guides in the evening and join thousands of other motorbikes as you ride through the colorful city streets. Explore notable neighborhoods, including district 3 where the locals live and learn all about Ho Chi Minh City.
Stop to enjoy some "Bánh Xèo" and "Bánh Khọt" (South and Central rice pancakes), and learn how they are made from a chef with over 20 years experience. Climb up to the top of old buildings and see the contrasting architecture between the modern and the traditional. You can even visit a local pagoda which was built inside an old apartment by a female monk.
Explore the biggest night flower market and street food paradise then soak up the wonderful bouquets. Take a short walk around the area and immerse yourself into the flow of Vietnamese cuisine dating back thousand of years and get a special gift from your guide. Go deep into a true maze of local market to taste an authentic food which is Banana Girdle Cake and "Bánh Tráng Nướng" Vietnamese Pizza grilled on charcoal fire.
Next, drive to the heart of District 10 and stop at a local 2nd-generation restaurant since 1975 to savor the best Vietnamese Beef Stew "Bò Kho" in the clay pot. Bò Kho is packed with tender, fall-apart braised chunks of beef loaded with herbs, aromatics and a delicious broth that go perfectly with Vietnamese baguette!
Venture into district 5, where the city’s street food scene really thrives. Reward your taste buds with a heavenly dish of coconut ice cream at local shop. Watch as the owner prepares some coconut ice cream right before your eyes. Take a spin around the city for enticing views of the night life, and experience the hustle and bustle of fashion street. Squeeze through narrow alleyways that cars can’t access, and journey along the banks of the Saigon River with a welcoming breeze.
End your motorbike street food experience in district 4, where you will enjoy a seafood meal of 3 different dishes (if you are allergic to seafood, it will be replaced by BBQ meat). Tuck into a nice dessert of flan cake with caramel, coffee and coconut milk. Wash it all down with local beer or soft drinks, mineral water and especially homemade Forest Banana Sticky Rice Wine which is brewed in the clay pot by Street Food Man Vinny. Banana was picked from huge banana trees in the depth of giant forest in the North West of Vietnam. Rice wine was distilled in the most traditional way in Vinny's village where is far away from the city.
- Private tour is designed just for you (only your group, no other guests join)
- Complimentary pick-up and drop off either at your accommodation in districts 1, 3, 4, 5 and 10 or at Ho Chi Minh Opera House
- All food and drinks during the tour
- Transportation by motorbikes, including fuel and a high-quality, open-face helmet
- English-speaking drivers (great and skillful driving)
- Pictures from your tour
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Accident insurance
- Hand sanitizer
- Items of a personal nature
Know Before You Go:
What should NOT bring:
- It is recommended that you leave your handbags, passports and jewelry at your hotel for safe keeping
What should bring:
- A camera is always encouraged. Please take extra care of your camera to avoid theft.
- We recommend that you should wear something comfortable and cool. Shorts, t-shirts and light pants are also suitable.
Note: Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have.
Press: *Street Food Man is featured on Metro newspaper, the biggest daily newspaper in the UK.
*Best-seller of Private Scooter Food Tour by Night on Airbnb.
***The Award 2018 and 2019: Private Motorbike Food Tour By Night in Ho Chi Minh City won the "Winner Award In Asia" from Getyourguide for Incredible Culinary Experiences.
***The Award 2019: Street Food Man is proud to receive "Certificate Of Excellence 2019" issued by Tripadvisor.
***The Award 2020: We won the most prestigious Award Traveller's Choice by Tripadvisor.
*Tony who is a food blogger and also a chef reviewed about Street Food Man and local guides at Expatolife